DIRECTORY Objects in RAC

  • From: "Coleman, Kelley \(HAC\)" <Kelley.Coleman@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:34:05 -0600

I'm trying to create an external table for a short-term need.  I've been
able to do this in development databases with little problem. However,
now that I'm up to the Production server, I'm hitting a snag.  My
Production databases is RAC. I moved the .csv file to node 1. Is that
the problem? I can get the table created, but when I go to view the
results, I get the following errors in TOAD:

15:03:55 Error: ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout

ORA-29400: data cartridge error

KUP-04063: unable to open log file code_ext1.log

 OS error No such file or directory

ORA-06512: at "SYS.ORACLE_LOADER", line 19

ORA-06512: at line 1

The OS is Linux Redhat AS 4. Perms on the directory at the OS level are
now 777 and owned by the database admin account. The directory creation
was done in Grid and gives RW perms to the main schema owner. I've tried
creating the external table as the main schema and as sys with the same
results. I'm wondering if this isn't a case where I'm a bit hampered
because it's a RAC system.  Maybe the other nodes wouldn't be able to
see the table since it's on node 1's local storage?

Any suggestions?

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by reply e-mail, phone, or fax, and destroy the original
message and all copies. Thank you