RE: DESCRIBE?

  • From: "Graeme St. Clair" <Graeme.St.Clair@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:38:09 -0800

Thanks to all responders, particularly Jonathan.  The first para of his
first citation is:-

QUOTE

You've just taken on responsibility for a new database. New to you, that is
-- the database has actually been running for some years. What's the first
thing you want to do? If you're like me, you probably want to get a handle
on just what it is that you have. What's in the database? How big is it? Who
are the users and how many of them are there? The answers to all of these
questions lie in the Oracle data dictionary.

UNQUOTE

How truly deeply true...

Tx & rgds, GStC.