DBMS_MVIEW.refresh error log

  • From: "Xu, Roger" <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Harel Safra" <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:30:42 -0600

Thanks for the quick answer. Now I have a couple questions regarding
DBMS_MVIEW.refresh.

1)       After I run DBMS_MVIEW.refresh('MY_MV', 'C') how do I know if
the MV is successfully refreshed? If it failed where do I see the error
message? We need to do this in a script run by crontab.

2)       What happens while someone is viewing the readonly MV, the cron
job kicks in and starts a complete refresh?

Thanks,

Roger Xu