DBA positions for Amazon in the UK open

  • From: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:45:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
  I hope no one minds me abusing the list but it=92s in a
good cause J=20

We're are currently recruiting more DBA=92s for our UK
team based in the London area.
This team operates as an extension of the larger US
team, handling
global on-call during the UK day, for all of Amazon=92s
databases and also taking on projects, design and
R&Dwork.  We're looking for a high level of DBA skill,
but that doesn't necessarily equate to years of
experience, academic degrees or certifications.  If you
think you can handle a challenging environment, email
me your CV privately at mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

You must be eligible to work in the UK, and if you are
not here now, you
would have to relocate yourself to take this position.=20
Anyway, send
me your questions and cv  if you are interested.=20
Please find the job description below

Thanks,

Jim

Amazon.co.uk is currently seeking a talented Oracle
database
administrator. The ideal candidate will have experience
with
large-scale, massively concurrent, highly available
distributed Oracle
systems. Candidates should have a proven ability to
rapidly master
complex new skills and concepts, as well as the ability
to work
independently and self-motivate. Successful candidates
for this
position will have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot
complex
technical problems under pressure. Excellent
interpersonal
communication skills are required.

Amazon.co.uk seeks candidates who have innovative and
unconventional
approaches to systems architecture, performance tuning,
backup and
recovery, high availability and scalability. Knowledge
of all
supporting infrastructure components , including
operating systems,
hardware/storage configurations and networks is
required. Candidates
should have excellent Unix skills and a grasp of
fundamental computing
concepts such as system calls, memory management and
program
debugging.  Competitive salary and stock
options offered.