Re: DBA pay in university

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:07:45 -0600

Ten years ago I left my DBA position at a public college after they decided
I was overpaid and froze my salary for 8 years and reduced my benefits.  My
next DBA gig was a 20 percent increase in salary and my boss apologized for
starting me at the low end of the scale for the company.

Overall, it was a relaxed atmosphere as long as you didn't cross one of the
deans.  On the other hand I was expected to work 6 days a week, 10 hour
days so they wouldn't have to hire another DBA  We had tuition completely
paid for employees and their immediate family but since I had no children it
wasn't as much of a benefit for me as it was other people.  I also was
expected to do more than just DBA work--operations, programming, SA, running
cable and installing PCs, etc.

Check thoroughly what you would be expected to do for the money.

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.