RE: DBA_SEGMENTS invalid? or slow?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:12:32 -0400

The truncate command never releases the initial extent of the table or
its associated indexes if any.  In the future I have heard Oracle is
going to support defining tables and indexes without allocating storage.
But at present if the table/index exists it takes at least one extent.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --