Re: DBA- Moving REDO LOGs

  • From: Rodrigo Mufalani <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle455@xxxxxxxxx" <oracle455@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:17:20 -0300

Hi,

I think you migth follow these steps:

1). Create the new lun
2). Add new redolog groups on new mount point
3). Drop the old redolog groups.

Obs.: use switch logfile to change the current redo for the new group.

[ ]'s
#mufalani

Desculpe por erros! Este e-mail foi escrito do meu smartphone!

Sorry for typos! This mail was written from my smartphone!!!

Em 06/08/2015, às 14:12, Michael Calisi <oracle455@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

I am new to oracle-l and posting my first question.

I currently have 6 redo logs and we would like to move them with out taken
the database down. We are creating a new lun/pool on the top shelf and
wondering what's the best way to move my redo logs.

Thanks,