Re: DBA Humor (Twisted, sick sort of stuff...)

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:30:45 -0400

In my previous job, I had that problem for a consultant designed datamart,
it would routinely generate more redo than DB size daily and DR was
constantly behind. Finally the business side listened to my analysis and
changed all global indexe on (yes plural) on all fact tables, to local
partitioned and dropped some indexes that were not useful.
Boom, problem gone, DR was within 4-5 minutes of primary (we had limited
bandwidth and locations were about 800 miles apart).
as always each case is different,

Raj