Re: DB12c in Production?

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>, "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:52:19 -0400

My understanding that it is free if there is ONLY one PDB database in the CDB.

On 06/06/2014 5:20 AM, Niall Litchfield wrote:
> Multi-tenant has been introduced as an extra cost option, and its an
> option I think a reasonable number of customers, but by no means all
> will pay for.

Actually - multi-tenant *architecture* is NOT an extra cost option. I do
believe that it will be the only variant in some future Patch Set or
Release.

From the online Licensing doc, at
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/license.121/e17614/options.htm#DBLIC2166

"Oracle Multitenant includes the following feature:

         The ability to have up to 252 PDBs per multitenant container database

*The multitenant architecture with one pluggable database (single
tenant) is available in all editions without the Multitenant Option.*"

There are other examples: Spatial is an option, but Locator, which has
the same code, is not.  Partitioning for use in your tables is an
option, but Partitioning of the Data Dictionary is not.

/Hans

.