Re: DB performance after upgrade from 9i to 11gR2

  • From: "David Fitzjarrell" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "oratune@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "baitha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baitha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

Close isn't a match.  :)  Data differences can affect the standard histograms
which, in turn, affect execution plans.  Check the histograms between the two
databases and you may find more differences than you expected.  Also 10053
traces for the same query in both databases may shed light on what the
optimizer is doing in both installations and provide clues as to how to proceed
in getting better plans.

David Fitzjarrell
Primary author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide"

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:05 AM, Bheemsen Aitha <baitha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes David, they are exactly same in DB version, OS version, storage and stats.
Data is a close match.

Thanks
BA