Re: DB performance after upgrade from 9i to 11gR2

  • From: Mohamed Houri <mohamed.houri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baitha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 09:19:55 +0200

Hello

Start first by settting the optimizer back to its old version and
re-requery to see if you get back to your original 9i execution times.
Something like this:

11gR2> alter session set optimizer_features_enable='9.0.1'; -- put your
exact release

Session altered.

11gR2> run your query

If you get acceptable response times then compare the new execution plan
with the sub-optimal one for a clue about what went wrong after the upgrade.

Best regards
Mohamed Houri
www.hourim.wordpress.com

--