Re: DB link Secureness

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reen, Elizabeth" <elizabeth.reen@xxxxxxxx>, Stefan Knecht <Knecht.Stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 11:52:18 -0500

Hi Liz,

I was just kidding. Yes, I am aware of the hack, lovingly nicknamed "cyber-Pearl Harbour". I am a bit skeptical toward blaming the Russians, but the gist of it is that SolarWinds is a compromised software. As for the Russians, they seem to be guilty of everything, from losing Hunter Biden's laptop to this devastating hack.

Regards

On 12/22/20 11:20 AM, Reen, Elizabeth wrote:

Solarwinds has been involved in a large scale Russian point of sale hacking.  The password to their distribution server was solarwinds12.  The Russians were able to replace their software with a version with a back door.  Not exactly a company I would recommend.

Liz

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant