Re: DB Links

  • From: "Yechiel Adar" <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:58:05 +0200

> I strongly dislike hints and I use them only when necessary.

I agree with you and I would love to have help on this one.

The user does something like:
select a,b,c
from v1,v2
where v1.mydate between (one whole year) and
           v1.branch = v2.branch and
           v2.branch in (select * from v2 where owner = 'JIM')

v1 is view with select * from table1@db1 and
v2 is view with select * from table2@db2.

Did I mentioned that the user connects to db3?

The suprise part it that in 8.16 and 8.17 it take less then a second while
in 9.2.0.5 without hint it takes 3.5 minutes.
With the driving_site hint it goes back to less them 1 second.

BTW there are three records where owner = JIM.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish