DB Link Help

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:17:02 -0400

I once had this and now can't find it.  I know that you can connect =
through a db link using the entire tns connect string for the link.  I =
don't remember if it had to be predefined or not.  I was troubleshooting =
a link at the time and stumbled across the syntax but now can't find it. =
 I've been having trouble with a link being unavailable the first time =
its is used after the db has been down.  I am thinking that I want to =
either create it at run time or just use the entire connect string in a =
script.  Can anyone share some examples or the syntax for this? =20

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology