RE: DB Control not sending mail until server bounces

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DIANNA.GIBBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:24:37 -0700

Dianna,

I have no idea why this happens, but I can tell you that I see the same
problem all the time with my 10.2.0.2 databases on AIX5.3.  Not only do
the emails not go out, but the console stops responding completely.  I
have to restart the DB consoles every week or two and sometimes they
still don't work when I restart them until I do it 2-3 times and then
something magically works.  I've checked for port conflicts and never
found one so that doesn't seem to be the problem.  Please let me know if
you figure it out and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
Brandon