Re: DB CPU in Time Model

  • From: Venkat Krish <venkat.lear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:59:30 -0400

Thanks Niall.. I understand CPU seconds is depedent on # of cpus..

Usually if the cpus were consumed by SQLs (hash-joins,sorts, or I/Os),
shouldn't the sql elapsed time also be approximately equal or more than DB
CPU % (83% in this case).. I am lost on why sql elapsed time reports only
46% and there is nothing else (pl/sql elapsed time, parse time) that is
significantly higher..

I guess , my question is.. can there be "DB CPU" slice thats not part of
sql,pl/sql & parsing ?

Thanks
Venkat