Re: DATAFILE??

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lambu999@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:58:27 +0000

On 10/19/2005 08:14:35 PM, Ram K wrote:

> So when people who are experienced see such questions, it will be greatly
> helpful if they can put themselves in the shoes of beginners for a bit.

I give myself time to study concepts manual of every major version of the
database.
I am still reading books in large quantities. At the moment, I am reading Tom
Kyte's
latest book about the architecture. I have a pending CBO book, published by
Apress,
which will become available on 11/7/2005 in the queue and will probably start
reading
it on 11/9. By Christmas, I plan to finish reading another two books.
Beginner should do reading first and ask questions later. There are questions
and
there are questions. It is easy to see whether the person who asks the question
did his or her homework. If I see a question which indicates not doing one's
homework,
I reserve the right to answer the question the way I think that the question
needs to
be answered. It is that simple. I consider doing one's homework a matter of
decency. A
beginner not doing anything to learn and asking trivial questions is just rude
and doesn't
deserve my help or even  sympathy. Irony and sarcasm I can dispense at no extra
cost, no
problems there. If my time is already wasted by having to read a trivial
question, having a
little bit of innocent and harmless fun is a small price to pay. Think of me
before you
ask a question, Ram. You've gotta ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com