Re: Cygwin for use on Oracle Servers

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christopher Boyle <cboyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:11:16 -0700

Why use Cygwin?
Because I can then easily make use of a large body
of scripts that are already written.

Bash/ksh are much better scripting environments IMO
than what is natively offered on Windows.

You are free to disagree of course.  I have spent a fair
amount of time in both environments, and much prefer
bash/ksh, thank you.

Let's however try to keep this thread on track, I'm not
interested in debates on the best environment.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com