Re: Cursor Issue

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Kelley.Coleman@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:00:00 +0100

On 3/21/06, Coleman, Kelley (HAC) <Kelley.Coleman@xxxxxx> wrote:

I have a 3rd part app that collects message strings from various external
sites, turns each string into an Oracle insert statement, then sends those
inserts to my database. It's been working well for a couple of years, but
as the number of messages is growing, I'm find that I have a cursor
problem. I don't have the ability to change much about the 3rd party app,
so I'm focused right now on providing what I can on the db side. Is there a
way to have a unique cursor setting for a user or session?

Why? The open_cursors parameter is a session(not system) limit and there is no added overhead to setting this
value higher than actually needed.

Regards,
Dimitre