Re: Current Redo got deleted

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:38:52 -0400

The FIRST thing you should do, now that you have the database open...
...is to DUPLEX all of the online redologs.  And while you are doing that,
rename the surviving logfile members if necessary so you do not use a
filename extension that says "delete me!" the way that ".log" does.

Accidents happen.  That's part of life.  But when they do, we have a
responsibility to take whatever steps we can (within reason) to ensure that
they do not happen again.

Note, by the way, that when you do duplex the online redologs, you should
*not* place the "first" and "second" copies in the same directory.  (Nor,
ideally, in the same filesystem, nor on the same storage device).  Putting
them in the same directory offers no protection whatsoever from some
"helpful and over-privileged" individual executing a command like  "rm
*.log".