Re: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:18:34 -0600

On 2019-03-12 2:48 PM, Ram K wrote:

Also considering installing Linux on my PC with perhaps vmware or any free virtualization software (any pointers?)

I use both VMWare (Workstation and Fusion) and Oracle VirtualBox on my Windows and MacBook Pros.

Personally I like VirtualBox better for installing Linux VMs on which to try various things like Oracle DB and tools.  It is partly a personal preference - for what I do, there is not much technical distiction.  And part of the decision is that VirtualBox is open source GPL (no $$$), whereas I seem to get for-fee upgrade notices on the VMWare annually.

And I use Oracle Linux, in large part because it is also available at no fee  (while being pretty much 100% compatible with RedHat Linux), and comes with a bunch of extra stuff tailored to installing and running just a smigdge easer (as compared to the other RH clones, such as Centos).  I don't mind not putting on my sysadmin hat as often.  And the fact that Oracle has a free public YUM site for most s/w updates & security fixes is a huge bonus.

/Hans