Re: Cron management...

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:20:10 -0400

On 04/23/2015 02:56 AM, Freek D'Hooge wrote:

Mladen,

The MML libraries need to exist on the DB server, not on the "client" server
Data flows from db server process, via local MML socket to media server.
It is not transported (via sql*net) to the client which runs the rman binary.

We're in complete agreement. Somebody has circulated an idea of saving on licensing by having a special client which would connect to the databases and run backup from client. That is what I was contesting.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA