Re: Creating New 10G DB With DBCA in 11g Grid Can't Find ASM Instance

  • From: Guenadi Jilevski <gjilevski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:46:25 +0300

Hi,

There are two things to pay attention to if using 10gR2 in GI 11:

1. A solution for Bug 8288940, when DBCA fails to create a database if ASM
is used, is in patch 8288940 included with 10.2.0.5 (MOS Note 948456.1).
2. In order to create a 10g database the servers in the cluster need to be
pinned.

Ex. After fresh 11.2 install pin for 10Gr2 install and db create

[grid@raclinux1 stage10g]$ olsnodes -t

raclinux1 Unpinned
raclinux2 Unpinned

[grid@raclinux1 stage10g]$

[root@raclinux1 bin]# ./crsctl pin css -n raclinux1

CRS-4664: Node raclinux1 successfully pinned.

[root@raclinux1 bin]#

[root@raclinux2 bin]# ./crsctl pin css -n raclinux2

CRS-4664: Node raclinux2 successfully pinned.

[root@raclinux2 bin]#

[grid@raclinux1 stage10g]$ olsnodes -t

raclinux1 Pinned

raclinux2 Pinned