Create second physical standby

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:01:41 -0700

Solaris 10
Oracle 11.2.0.2 EE

I need to create a second physical standby for several production
databases.  Never having done this, I have questions.  Any help or pointing
me to a good doc is greatly appreciated.

1.  Does the second standby require additional standby redo logs in the
primary?
2.  I want this second standby to be the failover database (newer, better
hardware).  Do I need to change only the order in the FAL_SERVER parameter
or are there additional parameter changes needed to ensure the proper order?
3.  For the data guard configuration, is there a specific order for things
to be done there?

I've been reading the oracle docs, but can't seem to find any
instructions/examples on adding a second physical standby.  I haven't found
anything yet in the oracle-l archives either.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sandy
GHX