Re: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 08:20:04 -0400

Hi Jeff,

What options do Oracle pluggable databases provide that MSSQL does not?

Regards

On 08/30/2018 02:12 PM, Jeff Chirco wrote:

I am not expert at either but yeah I believe Oracle's PDB's provide a ton of more features and options than MSSQL.  I think they really only similar in the fact that MSSQL has the System Databases (master, model, msdb, tempdb) which can be considered similar to the CDB concept.  And another comparison is that you can take a backup from SQL and restore it to another server database.  Even from 2012 to 2016, super simple. Just like plugable databases.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant