Re: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 11:10:49 -0400

Hi Neil!

Multi-tenant doesn't make any sense because the resources it will save are much, much cheaper than the cost of the multi-tenant option. Also, the competitors (DB2, SQL Server, SAP Hana) are all allowing creation of additional databases for free. I don't see why would I need to pay for the same feature with Oracle?

Regards

On 08/29/2018 09:23 AM, Neil Chandler wrote:

Personally I think multi-tenant a decent feature but it is cost prohibitive for what you get in return.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant