Re: Copying table from one database to another db which have long raw column & huge data

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Raja Subramaniyan <raja.s28@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 02:15:33 -0300

if you are going with traditional export (the one with exp) then you need
to ensure you have a large enough buffer (think along the lines of largest
row). Datapump is your best bet from 10g on. Though  dblink replication
won't work on long data, it's easy enough to export only tables containing
longs to a dump and  duplicate the rest with datapump over network link.
hth

Alan.-