Copying longs in Perl

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:18:28 -0500

I have a perl script that manages audit data, and one of the things it does
is create a copy of the sys.aud$ table in a separate tablespace for
archiving purposes.  I'm attempting to add the sys.fga_log$ table to this
script so I can manage the fine-grained audit data as well, but it contains
a long column so I can't just do a "create table as select" or I'll get an
ORA-00997.  The standard answer to this problem is to use the copy command
in sqlplus, but I'd prefer to keep the code in perl.  Is this possible?

--
Jason Heinrich