Copying contents of table with varrays

  • From: "Buechi Martin" <Martin.Buechi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 16:05:31 +0200

All,

I have two databases containing a table T with a column of varray (of =
varchar2) type. What is the best way to copy the contents of this table =
between databases?

Database links don't work with varrays. Neither does TOAD's "Copy data =
to another schema". I am looking for a generic solution because I have n =
tables T1..Tn with varrays, I need to run this job once every couple of =
months, and the definition of the tables Ti may change from run to run.

I wrote a small Java proof of concept, but before I spend the time to =
polish it (e.g., addBatch doesn't seem to work properly in the presence =
of varrays), I would like to know whether such a solution already =
exists. Does it?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Regards,

Martin