Re: Copy 11g DB/Instance onto the same server

  • From: Svetoslav Gyurov <softice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: po04541@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:41:30 +0200

Hi Patrick,

I recently faced similar problem. I was asked to clone the database to different host with different SID. I started by restoring data from backup and then I was going to recreate the control file to change the SID. Fortunately I found better solution by Tim Hall which I used to change the database SID:
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/DBNEWID.php

Regards,
Sve

patrick obrien wrote:
Good Day Oracle DBA's,

I want to copy my Oracle 11.2.0.1.0 DB/Instance on my AIX Server to the same server.

The biggest obstacles I am having at the moment is the putting together the correct listener configuration and creating my CTL file.

Any documents would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Patrick.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l