RE: Copies of control file in dbs directory

  • From: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:39:56 -0500

Thanks Dennis.

I looked in cron again and didn't see any RMAN jobs, but I remembered
I'd seen the following in the alert log

drop tablespace M11_DATA including contents and datafiles

  Deleted file /u03/oradata/m11_data01.dbf

 Starting control autobackup

 Control autobackup written to DISK device

 >       handle '/oracle/9.2/dbs/c-2180204055-20050807-0f'

 Completed: drop tablespace M11_DATA including conten

      So how do I turn off "Control autobackup" ?

      Thanks

      Larry