RE: Converting MS-SQL schema file to Oracle schema file

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birkir@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:23:52 -0400

Normally one uses ODBC to push the tables & data from Access to Oracle.  =
But I highly recommend NOT doing that.  Access will create it's objects =
in a case sensitive and non ANSI standard way.  Create the tables =
manually & then push the data in by linking the new tables.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA