Convert Stand-alone database to RAC

  • From: Chris King <ckaj111@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 10:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

It seems there are a number of methods to convert a stand-alone database to a
RAC database.. but it's not clear to me if I have to first move the stand-alone
database onto the cluster first.. the stand-alone presently sits on a separate
server on the same network. Can someone clarify that for me?

Details: stand-alone is not using ASM, and sits on a stand-alone server
the RAC cluster is on the same network, and presently runs only one test
database.
Both are the same version of Oracle (11.2) and same o/s (RHEL6).

Thank you!
-ck