Re: Controlfiles just got overwritten

  • From: Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:36:33 -0800

HP-UX

Yes, the DB crashed.

Can I create the controlfile with the database down?  When I start it, it
thinks it's a standby.

- Maureen

On 7/14/2014 2:33 PM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
What OS?  Did the DB crash?  If this is Linux, I understand that there is
something a way to do it if the files were
locked... I dont know the details, something with the inodes as I recall, but I
could be completely wrong about
that....  If not, I would run a create controlfile script rather than restoring
from backup.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I just did one of the stupidest things in my life and overwrote our
production
    database control files with a copy of the standby controlfile.

    I have a backup of the real control files from yesterday afternoon, but
we've
    been up and running all day.  Is there an easy way to recover my control
files
    and be back running any time soon?

    - Maureen
    --