Re: Controlfiles just got overwritten

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:33:09 -0500

What OS?  Did the DB crash?  If this is Linux, I understand that there is
something a way to do it if the files were locked... I dont know the
details, something with the inodes as I recall, but I could be completely
wrong about that....  If not, I would run a create controlfile script
rather than restoring from backup.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx

--
Andrew W. Kerber