Re: Constraint violation in spite of trigger with sequence

  • From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stiebing <stiebing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:39:09 +0100

I assume you are showing us the 'select max(...' + the 'create sequence'
command because you have done that once.
Or are you doing this inside some process, *every time*?

In the latter case. It could very well be that between the 'select max' and
the 'get nextval' some other session had been adding a row to that table,
with a value that now also is generated by the sequence.

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.RuleGen.com/pls/apex/f?p=14265:13