Re: Connecting as sysdba without password

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjwales@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:26:51 -0300

Beware when setting this, it may break some applications. But yeah, windows
and oracle are not very friendly and this parameter is required for OS
authentication in windows.
You can have this separate from the machine's SQLNET.ORA by using the
TNS_ADMIN variable as a local variable (i.e. not system wide).

HTH.
Alan.-