Re: Connecting an Exadata V2 to an X2

  • From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:32:53 -0500

We have upgraded a V2 quarter rack to a half rack with X2 components. Works
like a champ. Ours is all in one rack. The half rack upgrade price did not
inlclude another rack. The component were shipped on a palate and the Sun guys
came out and installed all the servers and the additional IB switch in the rack
and then wired them all together. We did the configuration ourselves. I was in
a pretty large meeting months after our upgrade when the subject came up and
there seemed to be no clear statement of policy from the Oracle folks as to
whether this was "allowable". But it is clearly technically possible and in
fact, the only way to expand a V2 since you can't buy V2 components from them
anymore.

Kerry Osborne
Enkitec
blog: kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com