Re: Connect error and database links

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:00:06 +0800

Check to see if you have any system triggers  [eg a LOGON  or LOGOFF trigger].
However, 4092 is an obvious "cannot COMMIT or ROLLBACK in a trigger  "

At 08:24 PM Thursday, you wrote:
   People -

   I have a puzzling situation here, and would be grateful for any
   input.

   We have two instances, geographically remote, both v8.1.7, and both
   connected using Net8.

   Database links are created differently on both instances - as thus:

    On instance DB2:

    create database link Ora1 connect to FRED
    identified by xxxxxxx using 'DB1.WORLD';

    and on instance DB1:

    create database link Ora2 connect to FRED
    identified by xxxxxxxx using 'DB2';

   DBlink 'Ora1' cannot be created using the form applied to the
   creation of DBlink 'Ora2'. The names are changed to protect the
   innocent, and no, we are NOT using DB2... :-)

   These links work, data can be queried, tables described etc.

   However, if while connected to instance DB2, and one then retrieves
   data from DB1 using the link, and then attempts to connect to DB1 as
   thus: SQL>connect fred@db1 - the following error appears:

    Enter password: ******
    ERROR:
    ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
    ORA-04092: cannot COMMIT in a trigger
    ORA-06512: at line 16

    ERROR:
    ORA-24315: illegal attribute type

    This error ONLY occurs on DB2.

    If no use of the database link had been made during that session, a
    connection to DB1 would have been entirely successful. Further, it
    is not as though cause can be traced to a trigger on the remote
    table being queried, as the error appears even after querying a
    table with no triggers on it.

    Can anyone advise on what we have overlooked here? I must admit
    that I have not spent much time in the TNS area, so could have
    overlooked something obvious. The text for the first error
    message (0604) ends with the ominous 'contact customer support' -
    is it time to do this?

    thanks,

    peter
    edinburgh
--
    mailto:pgro@xxxxxxxxx

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is
what he really is."
                                         -- Miner, Jack