RE: Configuration of the SAN

  • From: "Bruce McCartney" <bruce.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:07:16 -0700

Luc,
I have a system we set up exactly that way because we needed the redo
thoughput; wasting space was not a huge issue.  The problem is these SAN arrays
don't come with smaller drives :)

It depends on requirement - have you got a feel for IO/s or any redo stats?
Even with this approach you can serialize on the internal emc write queue for a
single drive in the raid1 set unless it is striped.  If you go with this
approach, have the emc drives set to use only the outer tracks which have a
higher thoughput...

Bruce