Re: Concurrent I/O (AIX 5.2)

  • From: "Stuart Clowes" <stuart.clowes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:10:01 +0100

We have minperm=10%, maxperm=20%, maxclient=20%.  Will look to reduce these
even further.

Our db_cache_size has increased from 1 GB to 2 GB, and we are still gently
increasing it.

We are, at the moment, not memory constrained, although I am starting to
chew up our spare memory by increasing db_cache_size. (use it or lose it....
;)  )

agblksize=512 for the redo logs.

In fact, agblksize=512 for the database files as well - any comments on
whether this is 'wrong'?

Filesystems for redo and dbf are mounted cio.  FILESYSTEM_IO_OPTIONS=SETALL.

Only thing we haven't done is implemented large memory pages. Do you know of a metric that would reveal whether this could be beneficial for us?