Re: Concurrency - Cursor Pin:S

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ravi Teja Bellamkonda <raviteja.bellamkonda7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 13:01:49 -0400

On 06/18/2017 12:57 PM, Ravi Teja Bellamkonda wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you for inputs. Unfortunately I cannot go ahead with the test scenario in the page as this database is an AWS RDS (which I already hate for obvious reasons) and I cannot access the x$ views.

Can someone help me provide an insight on how much the performance is being impacted as the average wait caused by cursor pin : S is 14 ms while we are in parallel trying to reduce the number of calls (App side).

Ravi, the problem you're having is caused by the number of processes accessing the same cursor(s). The obvious solution is to use a pooled connection, with the number of connection in the pool not exceeding some threshold value. You should experiment with the pool size to find the optimal one.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA