Re: Conceptual Data Model (Federal Enterprise Architecture)

  • From: Justin Mungal <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:18:32 -0500

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Iggy Fernandez
<iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> > This is different from the standard logical/physical models that DBAs
> > normally do.
>
> I don't think that DBAs should be developing logical models or physical
> models for that matter. In my mind, that ought to be the domain of the
> developer. But, of course, we may wear multiple hats sometimes.

Personally I would think a DBA should at least be able to create relational
data models. But what the OP has been tasked with sounds higher level than
that, and more in the realm of what an EA would be tasked with in a large
enough environment. But, as you say, we may wear multiple hats sometimes.