Composite Index Order VS Query Order ?? , Tuning Docs URL ?.

  • From: "Ranjeesh K R." <ranjeeshk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:23:33 +0530

Hi,
I was working on optimising a piece of code which was taking 10hrs + to execute
and all.So my queries are..

#1) Saw a table where the "order of query" on the table and the "order of key"
are different . For faster results shouldn't they be in the same order.

for eg:

Select ...   where A.ID = ... and A.Name = ...

The Key order on this table A  NOW is Name & ID Order .
Shouldn't they be in the order ID , Name ?..

#2) Can anybody recommend me any site , where I will get reliable information
on Tuning PL/SQL ?.

With thanks in advance

Ranjeesh