Re: Completely insane execution plan with 11.2.0.3 but not with 11.2.0.2

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:00:34 +1000

Hi Fairlie,

I am currently in the process of migrating a 4TB database from 9.2.0.8
(HPUX) to 11.2.0.3 (Solaris 11) with TTS. We downloaded the 11.2.0.3
software from oracle.com, which had the Jan PSU already included.

I noted only one bug during our first test run: ORA-600
[ktbesc_plugged]. That one is purportedly fixed in the April PSU. We've
now applied the July PSU (which was released last week) and are
currently in the middle of copying the db over again (takes 2.5 days for
us - I'm glad it's not 18TB ;) )

Nuno, if this is not the bug that you are talking about, I'd be very
glad if you could share the details :)

Cheers,
Tony