Re: Cluster File System Versus ASM for RAC Deployment in Production?... Pros & Cons

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>, VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 06:34:46 -0800 (PST)

>> However, OCFS2 has no capability
 for growing filesystems, creating situations where using OCFS2 for
 datafiles means increasing the number of mounts over time, which gets
 messy.

That's incorrect. "tunefs.ocfs2 -S /dev/sde1" will grow the FS to the size of
the partition where it resides. Just tested it this week:

[root@ch-srlxdb01 ~]#
tunefs.ocfs2 -S /dev/sde1

tunefs.ocfs2 1.2.7

Changing volume size from