Re: Cloning from physical standby

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: painterman@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:48:00 -0800 (PST)

You can start here:

http://oratips-ddf.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-stand-by.html

to create a secondary standby from the primary.  Copy the archivelogs necessary
then set autorecovery on and execute, at the SQL> prompt:

recover automatic standby database

until the archivelogs are applied and no messages appear stating that the
database would experience errors on an open resetlogs.  When that is complete
then, at the SQL> prompt, execute:

alter database recover managed standby database finish;

followed by:

alter database activate physical standby database;
alter database open;

and you should be done.

David Fitzjarrell