Re: Clone from Cold Backup

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gurenich@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:01:51 +0100

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Masha Gurenich <gurenich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I went through the alert log - the database went down gracefully. No
> crushing, no related to shutdown errors.
> I also recreated the controlfile backing it up to trace again - the very
> same thing. I am lost. Something is really wrong here..
>
> Please, help me to brainstorm this annoying issue. I do not believe in magic
> in IT. Please, throw any, ANY ideas (even the craziest) that might help to
> track down the problem, because it's just getting ridiculous...

Hi,

If you are sure that the copy command has been executed after
"shutdown immediate" has been completed I think that next option is to
check if all files has been copied without any issues.

I have seen similar error when "shutdown immediate" command has been
killed from OS level
and this is why I'm always adding a additional check between shutdown
immediate and copy command in cold backup script. You should think
about checking a md5 sum for files too - ex. after copy process.

Did you try recover database using backup controlfile test ?
It should show you in which files you have a problem.

regards
--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com