RE: Checkpoint duration - oracle 10g

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Savio Pinto \(s\)" <spinto@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:41:13 -0700 (PDT)

How about you keep watching 'DBWR checkpoint buffers written' statistic and
correlate that with what you see in alert.log? I can't think of a better way.
You can automate it with code like this:

tail -f alert.log | perl -nl 'check_stat.pl'

where check_stat.pl, upon matching a checkpoint string pattern, logs into the
database and records the statistic. (I wish we could create a trigger on an
external table!)

Yong Huang