RE: Check packages for functions and parameters

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DavidM@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:43:49 +1000

What about using a continuous build harness like cruise control,
basically it runs continuous builds and will report success and failure
of the build and the resultant testing. If you point a build of your
code to a new application then it will rapidly fail at one step alerting
you to the fact that a particular module has been altered. All other
code is immediately verified to still function to your test suite. If
your test suite is good then it is a simple targeted fix
Do a Google search for "continuous build" to find other suitable tools

HTH

Peter McLarty
Technical Consultant
Service Delivery